Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Such a long day. Loooong day.
It was beautiful out though, and I just realized that I didn't take any daylight pics. We were going to walk to work bc it's reasonably close, but rachael overslept and we had to drive. Blugh.
We worked in the EPA building which looks nice outside but is very outdated inside. But everything ran pretty smoothly.
This evening we went to dinner at a Moroccan restaurant which was a new experiences. Seven courses and a belly dancer show. I'm stuffed. It was pretty good, but I think I like Ethiopian food better.
















I did have a really great convo on the phone with my supervisor this evening which totally made up for any crappy and stressful thing lately. We had our performance reviews and they've finally been scored and our raises tabulated. We are ranked 1-5 (five best and also impossible) and were told during the process briefing that no one should expect any higher than a 3. Well I musta done something right this year, bc I got a 4!! And bc of that, I got a 3.6% raise. Hearing all that made all the bs I deal with so worth it. I'm glad people recognize how much I've taken on.
I've started watching another of oprahs life classes and it's prob the one I need most, on forgiveness. And I took this screenshot and it's true.




And jebus. How true is that and how much did I need to hear that. I've carried so much baggage through everything. And unnecessary guilt, for finally starting to move on. So I need to work on all these things.
And now. I need to go to bed. I need rest. For tomorrow, well, it's planned to be interesting.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: