Monday, April 2, 2012

1) I did my couch to 5k thing this evening and it totally kicked my ass. I've been running in the neighborhood around work because ppl don't drive like idiots there and bc there are some
Really interesting houses. I want to take my time one day and explore and take some
Photos. I've been picking fairly hilly courses (I try to make the trip totally random, going down
As many different streets as I can) bc I've convinced myself that if I can make good time on hills I'm better off for the dash-if it's flat I'll have extra Speed. If its hilly then I've sorta trained for it.

My knee did start hurting this evening which is totally unacceptable. It's the same knee that I periodically eff up and have all my life. I'm pretty sure there is still gravel in it from a rollerblade wreck. Bc I win. I'm hoping I can just adjust my form and keep trucking.

I went and saw the Hunger Games this evening with my intern's sorta gf. I think they are dating this week. I didn't want to see it alone bc that made me feel creepy, but she hadn't seen it yet either. And I have to say, I didn't totally hate it like I thought I would. I think it won't make as much sense to ppl who havent read the book. But for what it was, accepting that they have to condense the hell out of it, I thought it was pretty good. The flow of the movie never lulled and I appreciate that. They did a good job of portraying District 12 (which we all know is wv) without making everyone look like stupid rednecks. Just poor as hell coal miners. All in all I think it was better than mediocre.

Also, the trailer for Abraham
Lincoln vampire hunter about made me wet my panties with glee. That's gonna be a sick movie if they do it right.

But. It's past my bedtime. Much love!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: