Sunday, April 29, 2012

I realized that I don't really talk much about my cousins on moms side of the family on this blog. It's mostly I guess because I just don't see them as often. And that's my own fault really.

Josh and Jeremy were my heroes growing up. They were just enough older to still play with us but be cool. Everything they liked meant Michael and I also liked it. Ninja turtles. WWF. Catchin craw dads in the creek. Everything was extra fun.












And of course as we got older, they became even more impressive. All my girl friends were half in love with josh. He was the nice shy football player.

He and Jeremy both have had some pretty rotten luck in life, some of their own making. But they always had smiles and hugs whenever all the family managed to get together, which is less frequent now that our grandparents have passed away and we are all adults and have jobs and that nonsense. Josh especially has always seemed to have just shitty luck with girlfriends. I guess that's a round about way of saying that I really like Erica from what little I know her. She doesn't mind livin in strange creek. She seems to enjoy our crazy family. And there is no doubt in my mind that she loves my cousin.

They had the wedding in the church josh and Jeremy grew up in, the one our grandparents went to all their lives. It is small and country, but that suited them. Josh gets so shy and so the actual ceremony was incredibly short. He got choked up in his vows and me and everyone on there started crying at that. Samples men just don't show emotion in public (I must be more Samples than ware) and for him to do that you could feel in your gut how happy and emotional he was. It absolutely reaffirmed my faith in real love. Real honest, real forever love. I hope I can be lucky enough to find someone who loves me how josh loves Erica. Hell even now it's making me feel all testy eyed.

The reception was short and informal and then all the family went back to my aunts house to hang out. All in all it was just a really great day. Today I feel kinda sad, like I usually do after a day have pure happiness like that. I want my turn at that. I hope i can have it someday.




























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: