Thursday, April 12, 2012

I thought this was pretty neat.

These photos are from Ware Mountain. Yes. We have our own mountain. It's sorta in Webster county. It's kinda creepy but awesome in a way? Bc you can trace the ware branch of the family back to the mountain, and before that, nada. All other branches you can trace back to the 1600s. Maybe we are aliens and just appeared?






There was even a school house on the mountain. Family lore states that some of the brothers got in an argument and one family left one side of the mtn, another the other side, and one stubbornly stayed put. Thats how Jason and I are cousins but not close cousins, we went down different sides of the mountain.

I think it'd be interesting to go back in time and see all of that i think the 1920-early 30s is the last anyone really truly lived up there. I've been but not that I remember any specifics.

It was a long day today. A lot on my mind, work, life, and otherwise.

Also, who lives in loiusburg nc? Someone there has been reading a lot lately. I guess it could be a stranger who's taken interest to my craziness.

At any rate. Is it bad that I'm looking more forward to sleeping in on saturday than I am of rafting tomorrow? I just need rest. Real rest.

I feel like I'm waiting for something, but I'm afraid it won't show up. I hope it does.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: