Tuesday, February 21, 2012

lent starts tomorrow. i know i've discussed this before, but the methodist church i grew up in does do lent. not so much the no-meat fridays, but the give up things/do good things bit. and i like that.

so. i've thought on this, and here is what i'm going to do

1. No soda. I'd done this before when I was still at HIT Center, but I really need to get back on the wagon. I feel better and sleep better when I'm caffeine free.

2. No fast food. I'm not counting going to Panda for chinese food in this, however I wont have it delivered. Anything that can be acquired in a drive thru or delivered to my house is off limits.

3. Take food to joey (friend who just had chemo) often. He cooks less than I do, so he prob needs real food.

4.Find good deals on baby things and pick them up for barb/twins. they are doing really well for only weighing one pound.

5. sign up for several 5Ks. i got a race packet with a bunch upcoming.

6. try to keep going to the gym at least 3 times a week.

this is a good list i think. if anything else comes up then i'll add them. but i feel like this is a good start.

unrelated note but i have been having crazy nightmares again. i fell asleep accidentally this afternoon and somehow dreamed there was a staircase under my tv and ppl were crawling up it to get me. and then in that half-wake/half-sleep state i thought the stairs were hiding and i couldnt see the ppl and then i panicked. clearly i am losin it.

i get to go in tomorrow for my free massage, which i'm super excited for. i'm sure it will be great, but if it is super great i have a feeling that those will be gifts from now on. not only would it be a good gift but is salary for a friend. it's a win/win.

No comments: