Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm reading this book, Bird by Bird, that was recommended to me by one of the bosses at work. It's partly abt writing, but also a good study in life. In one part the author is talking abt how each person is born with this figurative emotional acre if land. And we make it our own and nurture it how We want and no one is allowed on our land unless we allow it. And I'm sitting here thinking what my piece of land might look like. I think it would have nice thick grass, the kind that is nice to lay in, that needs cutting but isnt overwhelmingly untidy yet. And there would be a big, sun faded couch in the middle long enough to lay on. And there would be an old blanket and an assortment of books. And there would be a tree off to the side, with some sort of tire swing. And randomly there would be lawn gnomes and pinwheels. And that would be my place. The good place to run away to when life was too much. That only special people got to visit. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: