Saturday, February 25, 2012

I ended up having such a good time at the show last night. I nearly didn't go bc I'm lazy and it didn't start until 11p. But Amanda's friends were the headliner and attendance at 123 is always hit or miss, so we wanted to support them.

The band Poor Taters were the opener and if I'm honest I think I liked them best of all it was bluegrass punk southern rock something. The played Dire Straights "money for nothin" which is an awesome song, and also played one of my favorite make-me-dance songs "dancin with myself" a la billy idol. Just picture those with standup base and electric fiddle. I think they will be playin in the charleston area soon so friends there, look em up and go.

The second band are the Boatmen. I don't know how to describe their style either. But they were great. Their guitaris/keyboard player is blind and yet quite possibly the best musician I've ever seen. He also looks like Brandon which completely unnerved me. Haha.

Plus, it is always a good evening when you don't pay for your own beer. God love some good ol country boys.

Oh! That made me think I swear I saw a guy who I 100%thought was zach and all I wanted to do was deck him. When I realized it wasn't him, I kinda wanted to make out with him out of spite. But. Im too lazy for that nonsense.

At any rate I've been up way too long this morning and since mom
And dad are off to their bluegrass classes, princess is gonna go take a nap. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: