Tuesday, January 12, 2010

soundtrack of my life

so i was thinking, bc i have way too much time to think about stupid things as of late, what the sound track of each period of my life would be. this train of thought came about bc i found a new radio station that plays a lot of mid-to-late 90s stuff. I hear marcy playground's 'sex and candy' and i am immediately taken to my whole angsty andrea stage. or catch-22's 'alone in a crowd' would have been the punk/ska stage. which was conveniently right after the angst stage and i didnt have to get rid of my dyed black hair or flannel. just had to put a few more strategically placed rips in my jeans (bc come on, you know those rips right there below the butt cheek, those weren't accidental.) or if i hear 311's 'amber' i think of my freshman year of college where i wore a whole lotta tiedye and drank too much everclear and tang (surprisingly delicious). grad school was way too much jack johnson and him asking me 'do you remember.'

so i was thinking what have i been listening to lately. what do i feel like right now in 2010. and i feel like david bowie in portuguese. no really, go with me on this one. if you've seen The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, you know the deckhand that plays guitar. That is Seu Jorge. And he did a whole album and it is wonderful and Life on Mars is my favorite. i loved the song before but its like hearing it in a whole new way.. it is both happy and sad. i'm strange, i know.

also strange and nerdy and awesome, did you read about this sea slug? its part plant, part animal, all badass. that is, if badass means you can produce your own chlorophyll.

useless post. but i figure, talking about music is better than being mopey, eh?

No comments: