Thursday, January 28, 2010

aaand shoes.

who has two thumbs and didnt get out of bed until the last minute today? this girl.

it may only be an hr and a half but i am exhausted by the end of it. but i was supposed to reward myself, so i did. with these, for the work party this weekend:
yes, i know your day absolutely depended on seeing a pair of heels sitting on my washing machine. but let me have my moment, ok? i actually really like them, i feel pretty in them, and damn if i somehow cant manage to actually walk in them. no they arent eight feet tall and sexy, but this is about as good as it gets for me. i'm both excited and on the verge of vomiting nervous about this party this weekend bc its my first time around all these new ppl i'm going to be working with (and a few old ppl i know, which will be nice). which means i'll put that extra effort into looking pretty, plaster a smile on my face, not yell at brett, and not get drunk. surely i can manage to do those 4 things for a few hrs right? plus we're going to the bar after the party and then i can.. well.. be myself.

and i'm doing a good deed tomorrow night and babysitting for a friend since bert wont be in til saturday. its his wife's birthday and they never get to do anything together so i'm glad to do this for them. plus i'm really excited to hang out with miniature people for an evening. if anything, it gets me out of the house for a few hours.

i have nothing else to report today, and i realize that is pretty sad. but i got out of bed, talked to someone, and bought shoes. and i'm ok with that.

love.

No comments: