Friday, May 4, 2012

Thinkin a lot today abt dear friends. It's been a year now since richie died and what a hard time it's been on that family every moment since. All the legal stuff with his family is over and from what I gather it didn't all go on favor of Sara and the baby. And that makes me sad. It's sad that there were legal issues to begin with but it's all just been such a strain on the family. But they are the strongest people I know. And I hate to see them in pain.

In good news my friend with testicular cancer finished his last treatment and goes in for his scans this week and the doctor is feeling positive. He had to stay in the hospital for awhile and didnt tell anyone bc one of the treatments made him very sick. But he seems to be doing better and he got to drive himself the other day which I can tell he missed a lot. So. Am thankful for that.

I have so many people to honor and remember in the relay for life this year. Friends and family alike. I think I want to take my shirt for the relay and write everyone's names on it. I was thinking abt doing something like that for the warrior dash so I will remember not to quit. Hell I just made myself tear up. It's ok. I'm just pmsing.

I need to get to sleep anyway.

Thankful for: modern medicine. Knowing incredibly brave people. Good memories of those who have passed on. Being able to give back in support.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: