Monday, January 9, 2012

workin on my goals.

i've not looked at my 101 goals list in awhile. thats pretty shitty of me i think. i made the goals for a reason.

i'm going to learn quilling as soon as the mail comes, so i will be able to mark that off soon. and the same for zumba.

it seems i wrote 'write down 30 things i'm thankful for' twice on my list, so i might as well go ahead and knock one of those out now.

1. i am healthy
2. i've got a roof over my head and food in my belly
3. i have really supportive friends.
4. i know what love is, the good and the bad
5. calypso
6. my family. i may not always agree with them but they are there if i need them
7. that i enjoy my job and coworkers
8.that (knock on wood) my seasonal depression has been next to none this year
9. that i can find something to be thankful for even when i'm sad
10. technology. without it i wouldnt be able to keep in touch with so many people i care about
11. that my car runs (knock on wood)
12. that i have the ability to create things
13. that i enjoy helping others and can appreciate and acknowledge how blessed i really am
14. that i can still find ways to laugh at myself
15. books. an escape from reality, a whole new world.
16. that i'm learning to be healthier, mind and body
17. that switching my pills made the migraines go away
18. socks. without socks i'd be a cranky, cold-footed person
19. that i get to be a part of alisha's wedding. even though it's really hard and sad for me to think of wedding things right now, i'd not miss sharing this moment with her for anything.
20. i'm thankful for seasons changing. bc i think if you didnt have that you wouldnt appreciate the good ones even more.
21. i'm thankful that i have enough that i'm able to share with those in need
22. i'm thankful that i like fruit, or else this healthy meal-plan i've been put on would be the pits.
23. that i have this space to attempt to talk about my feelings. i know i suck at talking about my emotions, but this has given me a better grasp at trying to put things into words
24. that my office i work in now has a window and i get to see the sun
25. that there is a bigger plan for me in this world than what i know right now
26. that my grandma calls me to chat and check on the dog
27. that i can make other people laugh, even when i'm a mess inside
28. that i came from a small town. there are good and bad parts of livin in a small town, but i think it makes you appreciate the everyday aspects of life a little bit more.
29. the invention of the electric mattress pad, bc i am nice and toasty
30. that i took the time to write this list. bc it has helped me realize once again that i have many manythings in my life to be thankful for. and i know i dont say thank you enough for all of them. which i really need to start doing more.

i'm trying. i dont always do a good job with my words. but i'm trying so very hard.

No comments: