Wednesday, December 2, 2009

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

i'm taking a break from working. i've actually done quite a bit today and am proud of myself.

the point of this ramble (and oh, its going to be a rambling mess) is thinking about movies. we all kknow i relate to movies and i can only say half the things i need to say through quoting something else . today i was informed that my life is more align with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind than Everything is Illuminated. this isn't the first time i've heard this. so i sat down and put it on in the background as i worked. and i can see it. i go full force into things i believe in not knowing they're going to bite me in the ass. i try to erase everything bad from my memory so that it cant hurt me anymore, and well, i change my hair like i change socks.

the point of this is there isnt a point. but there are quotes that i like.
Clementine: So go.
Joel: I did. I thought maybe you were a nut... but you were exciting.
Clementine: I wish you had stayed.
Joel: I wish I had stayed to. NOW I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish I had... I wish I had stayed. I do.

Clementine: You're married.
Joel: Not yet, not married. No, I'm not married.
Clementine: Look man, I'm telling you right off the bat, I'm high-maintainance, so... I'm not gonna tip-toe around your marriage, or whatever it is you've got goin' there. If you wanna be with me, you're with me.
Joel: Okay.
Clementine: Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours.
Joel: I remember that speech really well.
Clementine: I had you pegged, didn't I?
Joel: You had the whole human race pegged.
Clementine: Hmm. Probably.
Joel: I still thought you were gonna save my life... even after that.
Clementine: Ohhh... I know.
Joel: It would be different, if we could just give it another go-round.
Clementine: Remember me. Try your best; maybe we can.

Joel: Look at it out here, it's all falling apart. I'm erasing you and I'm happy!

Clementine: What are you, NUTS?
Joel: It's been suggested.

Clementine: I apply my personality in a paste





there was no point to this post.

No comments: