Tuesday, December 29, 2009

bastardized soup

So in 4-5 hours I, in theory, will have tortilla soup. Of sorts. I decided I needed to start utilizing this crockpot, so I got out the cookbook and decided this sounded good. so when i got up to dump it all in this morning, i decided it didn't have nearly enough ingredients. (this may be a mistake, i'll let you know) so in goes more things, like green chilis and black beans and salsa and black pepper and garlic. it smells awesome. i'm just hoping i dont die of food poisoning. i've been feeling iffy today anyway. lack of sleep and worrying about getting the virus that's going around bc lish has it and it's not pretty. i woke up at one point ready to boot. but i think its bc i had cake icing for dessert. woops. comfort food, what?

so for christmas i got 2 new books that i'd been wanting to read (and have at this point, finished). High Fidelity and The Princess Bride. You will rarely hear me say this, but I think the movie of High Fidelity was better than the book (waiting for shakespeare or the like to throw lightning at me). I think john cusack just IS rob and i dont know. thats all i have for that. Now the book of the Princess Bride. I loved it. I think you should go out right now and get it bc you'll laugh twice as much. It's great. Just.. yes. great.

Also, any of you WVers around, we may get a group together to go skiing next next weekend at Timberline (not my first choice, but, not my ski trip). Let me know if you'd like to go.

So. I'm trying to think of something interesting to say. But I've got nothin. I need to get out of the house. I still have no idea what we're doing in D.C. but i'm ready to go.

No comments: