Friday, November 13, 2009

thankful

today's thanksgiving thankful countdown is for the many advances in medicine and the professionals who help us get better.

my aunt had her surgery today and she came out of it well. the cancer they had thought had moved to her lymph nodes turned up negative in the initial testing. she did so well in the surgery and reconstruction that she might get to come home tomorrow.

we've all established that i am terrified of cancer. it is like the russian roulette of my gene pool, i'm going to get one, but which one i get is the bullet in the chamber. and i feel a lot better at the treatments and options that there are now and that there will be in the future. being able to see people my age have stage 4 lymphoma and come out of it gives me hope. which, if those of you didnt know, lukas is doing amazingly well with chemo and half the nodes are gone already.

i'm going to continue to support cancer research in any way i can for as long as i can and then i'll donate my guts to it. and i'm glad and thankful for the people who are strong enough to see it through to the other side. those people are my heros.

No comments: