Sunday, November 22, 2009

thankful sunday

today i'm thankful for creative outlets. i think if i couldnt make things that i would be a lot more frustrated than i am now. i like making... things. anything. and i like making them most of all when i can give them away.

i had to get a glue gun today so i could finish my christmas wreath for the front door (which turned out pretty ok if i say so myself.. if you get past the whole i burnt my finger off bc i picked up the wrong end of the glue gun when i wasnt paying attention. woops.) and in wandering around the craft store i picked up more yarn for my nursing home projects and a canvas and some paint. painting is the one thing that no matter how hard i try i suck at. and i still suck at. but i enjoyed making a mess of a canvas and even if a 3rd grader could have made something better, i finally finished that goal of a piece of self representative art. hope for my wishes. something positive in my normal grinch-like demeanor. it's ugly. but it makes me feel very good.

so i made a wreath, a painting, and i'm nearly done with my first nursing home lapblanket. and i'm going to call this week to Zenclay about taking a pottery class sometime after christmas. thats on my wish list, and i want to start making those happen.

i've had this song stuck in my head all day. i love this song and i love louis armstrong. it's little things like this that i need to remember.

much love from me to you.

No comments: