Sunday, November 15, 2009

thankful sunday

if i could give you one thing, i would give you the mountains.

i went up to coopers rock today, and i am thankful that i have grown up in a place where i have beautiful mountains and trees and bright fall leaves. i do want to live in the city for awhile, but the mountains are mine and will always be me. i have so many good memories up at coopers rock for one, but outdoors in general, that each time experiencing it its like a picture show of my life in my head. it does make me a little sad at times, but if anything being in nature just reminds me that new things are revealed with each new season and if i'm just patient enough i can find the beauty in each new change.

really trying to be a positive thinker. i've been a little old lady since the day i was born and its time i start remembering more to stop and smell the roses.

i started working on the lapblankets for the people at the nursing home again. it was something i wanted to do before, but now that my great great aunt is there and i've visited her and her friends, when they remember me anyway, now its personal and i want to do something nice for them. lots of bright colors and good thoughts.

there's got to be something good in each day, in each person, in each event. and i'm really trying hard to find it.

No comments: