Wednesday, November 4, 2009

good news and bad news

good news kids. i fully went in prepared to punch my doctor in the face for futher ruining my day, but instead! she told me that i'm all better. i'm not going to lie, i cried. this was the first time i let myself cry in that office in the nearly 3 years i've been going there every 3 months. it was like christmas when she told me i didnt have to see her again for a whole year. a whole year.... not every 3 months going and getting cut and burnt and chopped and poked, but a whole year, and then just for a look-see. and she told me i lost weight to boot. that was just a bonus. there may be some issues related more to the procedures down the line, but for right now, i just want to feel good about this for a minute.

however.

because i can never just get great news and have a great day, she found a few more moles that she is 'concerned' with. concerned to the point that she gave me a list of derms and demanded i call them immediately. who knew a body scan was a hot commodity right now, bc the earliest appointment i've found is Jan. 19th. part of me likes having 2 months of being healthy, but the other part of me is officially more terrified than i was before and wants to go and find an earlier appointment and get that over with so i can start doing whatever i have to do about that.

but i needed that one thing to go right today. everything else in my life is a mess, but at least now i have that over with and i, in theory, dont have to worry about it again. now i just have everything else to worry about...

lovelove

No comments: