Saturday, November 14, 2009

thankful saturday

today i am thankful for my momma. not that i'm not thankful for her everyday, but, i thought i'd mention it today. and even though i dont fill her in on my life very often, if ever really, i know she loves me anyway.

she came up last night partly to go to the craft fair today and partly bc i was getting the homestead worked on. i got a new screen door! and it has glass! and it closes on the correct side! i know its super lame to get excited over a door, but i am. and we got all my winter windows put back in, so i wont be completely freezing to death this winter, only slightly frozen. and it was just nice to hang out with her. she doesnt ask questions when i'm brooding, which i both like and dislike. but she knows eventually i'll explode and tell her everything. and she'll tell me frankly to stop being an idiot, and i'll feel mostly better. so yeah. i'm thankful for momma.

i'm also kind of blue today. i woke up sad. but i wrote about that in the other blog so you don thave to hear it. but it didnt help this afternoon when mom told me both she and dad were working on christmas this year. its usually one or the other, but hasnt been both as long as i can remember. and i know i'm 26 and shouldnt be upset about that. but as lonely as i get at the holidays, this isnt going to help. anyone want to adopt me on christmas?? :(


the craft fair was nice. i got mammaw a christmas gift. and i got myself some earrings and a matching necklace made out of stained glass from a church that was torn down. and i felt good about that, in a strange way.

some evenings like this, i wish i had someone here with me. to just curl up in my pajamas and play board games or watch a movie. i'm starting to think all the 'normal' things i want in my life are not humanly possible for me.

No comments: