Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That's Where Dreams and Demons Meet

1. I got a call last night from the computer company that is building Frankentop. My processor was on back order and they wanted to know if I still wanted the computer if it would be getting here a week later, with a small discount. I said sure why not, (playing it cool, see. act like i'm not giddy over a new computer that's on the juice.) so for being nice about it I think I'm getting some type of upgrade. I stand for upgrades. So in theory, in 2 weeks I'll be typing away on a keyboard with all its keys. That alone is magical.

2. Am very excited bc Aussie Ben is coming for a long visit this year in December. He wants to see snow again and all I can think about is sunshine and 70 degree temps. It'll be great to see him again since he hasn't been back to the states in nearly 4 years. One day I'll go visit him there, after I get over my whole irrational hatred of the entire country. But seriously, this made my day. Hell, it made my month.

3. Tonya and I (and Russell too, i suppose) have decide to do something that has previously been firmly against my personal religion. Running. Yes, I'm going to start running again. And by start I mean go on long fast paced walks until I don't feel the need to curl up in a tiny ball and make out with my inhaler. But. We're going to get healthy. I've been doing pretty darn good on the wii fit for over an hr each evening AND i've been eating meals that a real human would eat (and you know that is a big step for me) and now i'm ready to start something new. That and I want to be the hot bridesmaid in Kellie's wedding. (there, i let my superficial side show. it's pretty mean, that superficial side of me.) So that gives me...4 months. holy shit kellie is getting married in 4 months. But the actual point of this #3 is that I need new tennis shoes. We went looking last night and Russell got the newest Nike Shox and Tonya got the new Under Armor Stability which both look like excellent shoes. Do any of you random readers have a particular recommendation for shoes? My shoe knowledge extends to what color flipflops I decide to wear that particular day. I did, also, find some kickass flipflops yesterday, but I can't justify spending 35 bucks on them just because they were gel filled and better than magical unicorns frolicking over rainbows. But I'm excited to get back out on the rail trail and I'm glad to have other people going with me because several times I was pretty sure I was going to be murdered in the woods and my idiot dog wouldn't protect me but rather play fetch with my arm bone.

4. Two big things have happened. You know how I'm scared when that happens bc that means a third will shortly follow. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so superstitious, but then I also wish things didn't really happen in 3's.

5. Google Will it Blend Chuck Norris.

6. I had a dream right before I woke up that I can not remember but it's right there on the edge of dreams and reality where I just need some trigger and it would be there. It was probably the cure for cancer or something equally important. It left me in a very good mood, so I'd really like to remember it.

7. As today is Fat Tuesday and I usually give up something for Lent (no, before you ask I'm not Catholic, I just grew up in an interesting Methodist church/family who participate in this) and this year I've decided it will be Chinese Food. Now I love chinese food. It has got me through many lonely nights. and lunches the next day. But it is downright awful for you. Last year I gave up McDonalds and you know what, I think it was really good for me because I can barely stand the stuff now. I was all excited for my first post-Easter cheeseburger last year and when the time came, it wasn't that good. Now I highly doubt chinese food will ever not taste good to me, but if I cut it out of my diet more and replace it with good things like....grains. veggies. real chicken (When we were little I convinced laura that mcnuggets were made of emu meat. she won't eat them to this day.). But tonight... tonight I feast. General Tso. Cheese Wontons. Egg Drop Soup. Fried Donuts. Egg Rolls. mmmmmmmmmm MSG. I will miss you so.

No comments: