Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Internet is the Closest Thing I have to the Little Red-Haired Girl

Al Gore should have never invented internet shopping (hehe).

We all know I like strange things. I love vintage books and photos. I have a tugging in my heart for stuffed animals who look like they've been very loved in their lives. (My favorite stuffed bear growing up was missing an eye and had a hole in his paw. And I made mom buy him that way even though he was sitting at the store by a whole row of perfectly put together bears.) So in the spirit of the upcoming holiday, I spontaneously bought a first edition of this:



I have a theory that all of life's mysteries can be best explained by the magical words of Charles M. Schulz. And perhaps A.A.Milne. Definitely by fortune cookies.

As good ol' Chuck says of the Red-Haired Girl, "There's nothing like unrequited love to take all the flavor out of a peanut butter sandwich."

No comments: