Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Good Weekend

Even though my sleep schedule is completely messed up, I've had a darn good weekend. I'm officially a dork, but we knew that already, right?

1. A large portion of my time has been spent playing Wii. I figure if I'm not sleeping, I might as well do something. I played Mario Party with lish and jason for what was a solid six hours. I used to make fun of my brother doing things like this. Now I'm doing it. The game cracks me up because many of the arm motions to play the mini games are...how should I put it.... on the obscene side if your mind is in the gutter. It makes me giggle like a twelve year old. I won many mini games but sucked at the over all strategy. Today I did wii fit for over an hour and now my abs hurt, which is good. And then I spent a good long while (i'm making myself take a break) playing The History Channel's Battle of the Pacific. Now I normally am not good at these type of games, you can ask dave ryan who made me play Halo for a little bit the other day and I think I managed to shoot myself. But this one I am willing to suffer through because it shows actual news footage and history channel type mini-documentaries of ww2. i'm pretty impressed even though i'm not smart enough to play the game (you have to use the nunchuck to steer and the wiimote to also steer (it seriously makes no sense) and move and use your weapons). And you have a bitchin selection of weapons. While I dont particularly enjoy knifing the enemy, blowing them up with a grenade is pretty neat. I have a bad problem about getting into games so much that i stop blinking, and have to put my glasses on. so imaging me sitting in my little red chair (had to move something so i could sit DIRECTLY INFRONT OF THE TV FOR OPTIMAL GAMING) squinting my glasses back up my face playing wargames. Lets say it together: Loser.

2. i dont know why i have to tell you about every time i have one of those scent induced memories. but, i had a new one yesterday in the shower. i should start out saying i have at least 6 different kinds of shampoo. i get bored with smells and rotate. there's one i've avoided for awhile just because... well, i didnt realize i avoided it until i used it. it was warm vanilla sugar from bath and body works. the smell immediately put me in an apartment downtown laying in bed with the window open listening to construction workers. a very nice repressed memory. the thing is is that in all of the twenty seconds i felt that good lazy memory i got really really angry. because that good relaxing memory was a lie. it was one small lie that is interwoven into this labrynth of lies that i dont know that i'll ever completely find my way out of with the truth. i'd built my own oubliette where i allowed myself to be a prisoner and forgotten. i forgot who i was. i became spiteful and vengeful and mean. i do not like that person. and like an oubliette, generally the only way out is by help from someone outside. and dammit, you readers, sometimes by just reading my nonsense, have helped. others of you pretty much booted my ass out. but the big and little together helped. and i'm going to work my hardest to never put myself in a prison of lies ever again. in the time it took me to rinse my hair and throw away that shampoo, i felt a lot better about the world.

3. a dear friend of mine whom many of you know lost a grandparent this past week. in the past i spent a good deal of time at this grandparent's home so I know the warmth and love that is now out of the world in their passing. and even when you're trying to think about someone elses losses, you cant help but think of your own. so good thoughts her way, and to you as well for any loss you've experienced.

4. I picked up my vase from the Wow Factory on friday with tonya and russell. if i could find my camera charger cord i'd take a photo of it for you. I'm quite impressed with myself. I really want to go to zenclay now and make an actual vase rather than just paint it.

5. I've started rereading Pillars of the Earth. I don't know why i love this books. It's one of those ones that i reread nearly every year. I recommend it to everyone.

No comments: