Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's a place you put people... to forget about 'em

1. my insomnia is officially back. i've been trying to convince myself for about a week now that it wasn't. When I had to break out ignignokt and err after reading an entire terry pratchet book last night, i knew i was screwed. i can't tell if it's finally the onset of the winter blues or if i'm just projecting worry into my required sleep time. either way, Hogfather is a super funny read and I got a grand total of 3 hrs of restful sleep. I'm forcing myself go out tonight, not because I don't enjoy the company but because when this no sleep starts to happen I become even more of a hermit than normal. I've got a couple new options and adventures planned for this weekend just to hopefully head off this funk that is developing. hopefully this will blow over in about two weeks for one main reason that I'm just going to be vague and not talk about. but if not, it looks like its back to the couch for me. blugh.

2.I was once again reminded how completely different my life is from many of my coworkers this morning. They were talking about their wallets and how they don't have enough room to put all the pictures and things in them that they would like. They are exploding with family type things. My wallet is not at all like theirs. Mine is interesting looking rather than functional. The only photo in it is my drivers license. I never have cash on me, but I have too many credit cards. The only sentimental objects I have in there are a silver dragon coin that may or may not be counterfeit, a scrapof paper with some numbers on it that I probably will never be able to throw away no matter how many times I try, and a comic from Pearls Before Swine about "Whimsical Tuesday." I don't fit in the same life slot as the people I work with and while it usually doesn't bother me, I think the lack of sleep and onslaught of holidays has left me feeling cranky and left out. I'm going to go home this evening and take a photo of the evil dog just so I can have something in my damn wallet.

3. quaker rice cakes crackle in your mouth like pop rocks.

4. the people here (i am not bitching about work, i'm really not.) dont know what to think about my hair. i guess they haven't been around me enough to realize that when i need a change, that's what gets the brunt of it all. I've heard 'well, you're only a kid once' more times than i care to count. I hope that i'm still open to changing something as unimportant as my hair when i'm 90 yrs old. but then, i hope i'm not still doing it for the same reasons.

5. apparently when i think i'm being blunt i'm actually being very ambiguous. Now I've managed to create a very embarrassing situation that I didn't anticipate. I'm going to add this to the list of things I cant manage to do correctly: I tell people I love that I hate them. I laugh at sad movies. I go to bed at 8pm and fall asleep at 4am. I can't let guys be gentleman and open doors for me because I hate going into a place first. One day I'm going to get it all right and shock the pants off you all. wont you be so proud of me.

i tried to think of a sixth topic so that i would make myself not end on 5. but i can't think of anything.

No comments: