Friday, February 6, 2009

In the News

Once again, Dave Ryan has used me in his column. This time mockingly. I'm still waiting for his green card article, bc that one, I will gladly be in because that was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever witnessed in my life.

Next. Michael Phelps. Seriously, give this guy a break. Now I haven't seen this photo where he's holding a bong, so I don't know if he's actually using it or just holding it. Does anyone know? But I think this is being blown out of proportion. I mean if he was actually just holding it, then they should be equally wary when he holds a variety of things that can be used as smoking devices. So watch out for media shots of him holding pvc piping. pop bottles. a nintendo gun. apples. fish tank with a hose. i mean the list could go on and on. I realize that they have to publicly shame him at this point now that the media has gotten ahold of it, but come on. He's young. (I feel justified in saying this since he's younger than I am) I think probably people like him need the typical life experiences and mistakes more than the rest of us. i know his only retaliation now is to threaten not to swim in the next olympics, so hopefully that move will get people to shut up. really, we just need another juicy story for people to latch on to and he'll be forgotten for awhile. Personally, I hope he takes this three months that he's suspended and visits as many strip clubs as he can. I think that would be brilliant.

I think that tuxedo t-shirts should be acceptable work attire on casual Friday. Who's with me?

No comments: