Saturday, January 31, 2009

Vincent Price and other Dastardly Deeds


1. I saw the midnight movie of The Fall of the House of Usher last night with Andreas and it was hilariously bad. I love Vincent Price and all his movies even if I do hate hate hate scary movies. Although this is bad-60s acting, so it was great. Plus the few other people in the audience added their own commentary, so it was like having my own Mystery Science Theatre 3000, only with drunks instead of robots. I loved every minute of it. Andreas fell asleep. Clearly he was not as impressed with the tale of evil and torment. I'm going to have to introduce him to The Thirteen Ghosts of Scooby Doo. God Bless ridiculous american cartoons with 'Vincent Van Ghoul.'

2. I finished my project and mailed it off only to realize I forgot to take a photo!! So once it get's to Joel, I'll have him take a pic and email it to me. The UPS Store employees were very nice and not at all scary, so that was just a double bonus.

3. I've been so ridiculously busy lately that I feel like I haven't had time to think. But it's one of those nice busies, when the next thing is better than its predecessor. But I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally about to go take a nap before I go out tonight. It's ladies night, my friend!

4. I wish this new winter storm would decide if it is really going to hit or not, this back and forth shit is getting old and putting a crimp in my travel plans. I was to go to Lexington shortly, but they are apparently under several layers of ice. So that might be put off for a few more weeks. And I am supposed to go to Columbus to watch hockey (and knit at the same time, isn't that a hoot) next month, but who knows if that will come about for sure. Ah well. If it's going to snow, I want it to full on blizzard. I went to the store today, so we're set and ready in the event it does. We have milk and water and bread and soup and cadbury eggs and clementines and potato chips. lol. oh we also have a star fruit, for our Feb fruit-of-the-month. It made me laugh, so I figured why not. That and Dave threw it at me across the store and I felt obligated to purchase it.

5. and because I can't end on an even number, Today's Fun Link by Chris Bailes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, since when did I get my own corner in your blog? I'm honored