Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We didn't start the fire. Billy Joel did.

As I was watching the speeches last night, Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" came to mind. And I think it is a really good representation of the spirit of things, with the history and change and everything. So I found this fun link that has the song set to images of what it's talking about as well as further information if you click on the lyrics. I have always loved this song. It is one of the few ones I can dance around like a total idiot to and feel good. I can remember about 67% of the lyrics, so I think this song will be the song I sing for my karaoke goal. So I'm going to learn the words.

Also, is there a way on blogger just to insert a video in the post? Bc I originally tried to just embed the youtube video but it wouldn't let me.

I spent much of my day watching people's facebook status change depending on their political leanings. And while I may not agree with some of the opinions, I'm glad people have them. I am notorious for my apathy. Several people have even commented on the fact that I actually seemed to give a shit this time, so twelve points to me. Things are going to change, good or bad, no matter who's in office. Even apathetic Andrea knows that. Although I may return to my original political standpoint of "Pro-Lazy, Anti-Pants."

And now for a list of things that make me happy:
-Bob Evans potato soup
-the fact that my lonely little neighbor friend seemed to have made some friends of his own!
-Jude Law in a sweater vest and glasses. yum.
-this spurt of nice weather we're having
-my new air freshener in the car that smells like cinnamon and cloves
-moonwalking (michael jackson style, not neil armstrong style)


Today is my little brother's 23 bday, so if you see him, give him a high-five and then kick him in the shins. He and I have always had a mean relationship, mostly me being mean to him until he was tall enough to beat the hell out of me. My favorite memory is one time, we were pretty young, I told michael we should play hide-and-seek and that he should hide. only i told him wear to hide. up in the dogwood tree in our, at the time, front yard. i made sure he climbed up good and high. and then i left him there and went inside and watched tv. mom says he was up there for over an hour, but it didn't seem nearly long enough to me. :)

does this explain me to you any better?? haha

No comments: