Sunday, November 30, 2008

Awake from my Tryptophan Coma

Greetings readers!

I hope your holiday was most excellent. I am full. Having 3 thanksgiving dinners makes me feel like a lardass. But it is so completely worth it. It was good spending time with my crazy family and I successfully completed two more goals. My new/previously disliked vegetable of the month was cauliflower. I still feel indifferent in regards to cauliflower. I want it to taste more like broccoli. I want it to taste more like anything. It seems like a wasted slot on the food chain, only to be saved by the good graces of ranch dressing.

I also successfully kept my mouth shut as mom piled more and more lights on the tree. as i was leaving today I'm pretty sure she was putting the ones that are hooked up to the music thing that plays 3 or so different Christmas songs. You know, it was cool back in '93 or so. I even pointed out one section that looked 'a little bare' (by a little bare I mean not blinding your eyes out) AND pointed out that one of the bulbs wasn't working. Does that get me bonus points?

I successfully completed 98% of my shopping all thanks to the wonders of amazon in one magical click. It was a good feeling. I just don't have it in me to go fight the crowds anymore. I think after working at Michaels and completely having the love of the holiday season ground out of my soul with a piece of sparkly mistletoe I just didn't want to participate in that anymore. Please, if you do anything between now and new years, be extra friendly to any cashier you come in contact with, even if you're having a pisser of a day. Make eye contact and smile. It's something not often seen and it makes you feel pretty worthless.

I (stole) borrowed stamps from mom and have sent off ten christmas cards to soldiers so far. and she's supposed to pick up one of those angel tree names for me and I'm going to get that taken care of too. the crankier I get to more things I try to do. However, things are definitely looking up lately and I'm really enjoying it.

This is becoming too wholesome of a post. All readers are invited to the 2nd Annual White Trash Christmas. It won't be till Jan, but hey. It works. For those who aren't aware of how this works, everyone must wear the ugliest christmas sweater they can find, bring the cheapest food/alcohol they can (pigs in a blanket were a big hit last year) and buy a couple gifts for exchange. These gifts must be less than 3 dollars in price and purchased from the dollar store or a gas station. the wrapping material must be something found and not bought. I cant wait. (note to self, steal christmas sweater from mom)

So, thats about it for today folks.. Tomorrow after work i'm going to start putting up my Christmas tree with the acceptable amount of pre-placed lights. Hope you all have a good day!

No comments: