Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Coverage makes me...

....want to go ahead and write my will. Is that awful? Or is it more awful that I'm going to talk about it on here?

I figured the will-writing would be easy to do, seeing as I have more debt than assets. I know I want all my books donated to the Sutton Public Library, unless there are any that anyone particularly wants. I would call dibs on my old falling apart copy of Secret Garden, it holds many memories of good times.

(this is creepy, isn't it.)

when i finish writing this i will buy that filing cabinet that's on my list and put it in there. but some things I am putting in the will are more of action type things that you all can know about. I want my body donated to medicine. Whether it's donor organs or to the med students to cut up. I don't want to be buried. I want to be able to help others. And I don't want flowers at my funeral bc nothing creeps me out more than funeral flowers. I want ppl to donate to charities. I don't care what charity, as long as it's something they believe in. And I don't want a super sad nonsense. I want a photographic slideshow of fun times. I want it set to bitchin music like the Bay City Rollers and Rusted Root. That is what I want, so if you are still reading this whenever it happens, please make sure someone knows.

I don't normally think about things like this, but two young women that are friends-of-friends have died in the past 2 weeks. One in a car accident and one shot. And it's times like this that you remember how precious life is and how little time we have here. I think this may be our one shot do to it right, to love, to share, to hope. I want to be the best me I can while I'm here. And we all know I have problems with that sometimes (or all the time). And that's partly why so many of my goals are doing things for others bc I want to give something of myself to others so that maybe they can pass that along too. if i can momentarily make life wonderful for someone else, then that's what i want to do. and thats why i want happy music and funny photos. i want people to laugh.

How about something less depressing now. I have started looking into Banned Books for my ten to read. I've been pleased to see I've read quite a few of them (my beloved Dr.Zhivago was banned!), some even in school, so ten points to you, b-county educational system. As of right now, I think I'm going to read:

-John Steinbeck Grapes of Wrath (which frankly, i can't believe i've never read)
-James Joyce Dubliners
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
-
Margret Mitchell Gone with the Wind (again, i can't believe i havent read it, esp for as many times as i watch it a year)
-Daniel Defoe Moll Flanders
-
Dee Alexander Brown Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
-
Robert Cormier Chocolate War
-
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
-
Stephen Chbosky The Perks of Being a Wallflower 12/13/08
-
Jack London The Call of the Wild

so if any of you have any of above books and would like to let me borrow them, well then i'll give you a cookie. they would also make excellent christmas gifts. *hint hint hint*

so. i guess that's all i've got on my mind right now. i have this song stuck in my head. it is a sad one, but very beautiful.

life's changing faster than I can keep up.


No comments: