Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Germans Wore Grey. You Wore Blue.


I just want to take a small moment to be excited that Casablanca is playing at the Warner for the month of December. It is top 10 one of my favorite movies. There is a time period where the world was crap and the movies were wonderful, and this was it. They don't make movies like this anymore. They don't make heroes like Bogart anymore. I will be going to watch this, possibly several times, if anyone cares to join me. It's the perfect movie to play in the old Warner, and I've been voting for it (they have a vote each month for what old movie you want played) for months now. If they would only now play Dr. Zhivago, well I'd be one contented cookie.
Why is it that most of my favorite movies (Casablanca, Zhivago, Everything Is Illuminated, etc.) involve the impossibility of love in times of war. Maybe that's not the right wording. Bc there is love. There is real love. But it's taken away every time do to external conflict that can't be resolved. Maybe I don't trust anyone because I spend to much time watching old movies and only believe anything worthwhile in this world will be taken away.
Will not stew. Will rather enjoy that in a few weeks, I can go sit and relish in a movie that the last time it played at the Warner was when it came out.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Did you know that Casablanca got moved to #3 on the "updated Top 100 list"? I am irate.

And Dr. Zhivago is completely off.

I think we need to stage a protest.