Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This has no relevance to anything

But it was a memory that just flashed through my mind bc someone in the office was talking about what Barbie their daughter wants for christmas.

so when i was little, i only had one Ken doll to go with all my barbies. at some point Michael ripped his leg off and i tried to duct tape it back on for awhile but then that just didnt work out. So then he became War Hero Ken. No, I am not making this up. I decided that he lost his leg in battle and Barbie loved him twice as much for being so brave. (does my warped childhood thinking make any more since to the way I am now?) So I'd strip barbie and ken down and put them in the Dream House and then leave and go play with something else for awhile, bc i knew that they 1)had to be naked but 2) had to be alone. i had no idea what happened when they were naked and alone, but I knew that's what had to be done. Especially since he only had one leg.


I think my younger self needed serious therapy.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Holy cow...this sounds like my Barbie fun times. My favorite Ken totally lost his leg and became a war hero/car accident victim/had a "broken" leg while doing some daring feat/etc. Barbie loved him best, too.

My Barbies also frequently had sex. I actually got in trouble for "depurifying" one of my friends by having our Barbies have sex when we were playing. My nanny was horrified. My mom thought it was pretty funny. Today, I laugh demonically.

testabone said...

When my sister would 'force' me to play Barbies with her I wold make the blonde one she had go up to the roof of the Barbie house and take a faithful leap of suicide. Then, of course, I could not play anymore because 'my' Barbie was dead. Yea!