Friday, November 21, 2008

Good Karma for the Holidays

So I feel the need to build up good karma again. I need it, badly. I also need to get ahold of someone whom I have no current contact information for, so if any of you have any ideas, i'll fill you in. But thats not the point of this post. The point here is that if I can't help someone I know desperately needs it right now, I'm going to help someone else. Several someone elses. We were sent this at work and I thought it was a good thing. If you want to do this too, I'm sure it would be appreciated. At any rate, the Red Cross is sending holiday cards to soldiers overseas. Yes, there I go crusading for the soldiers again. I hate war and the military and everything to do with it unless you count that boardgame Risk but thats bc I can take over whole countries, but really, the soldiers..... I just want them to know I appreciate them and that there's someone back on this side of the pond who acknowledges what they're doing and hopes they live through it, and hey, happy holidays while you're at it! Anyway.. here is the address:

HOLIDAY MAIL FOR HEROES

P. O. BOX 5456

CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20791-5456

there are some details to know, like the deadline to send them is Dec 10, that you should sign your name but not add any contact info, etc. here is a link that has all the details. Please do this. If not for me, then for a stranger who would like to get some mail from home. I'm thinking maybe I'll go ahead and do the goal on my list of supporting a woman soldier now over the holidays. I feel like it's probably a good time. hopefully this time I won't overdraft my bank account or leave my wallet at the post office like last time. I just want to make a moment in someone elses life better and maybe if i do that, mine will be too.

i bought outdoor christmas lights tonight (which btw the Salvation Army people are already out, so this weekend I need to gather up my change for them) and I am excited. I actually am excited about this christmas. this should shock you bc I am well known for my grinch-like qualities. but there are lights and garland and big red bows and perhaps even a decoration for the lawn gnome. This is of course in addition to the interrior decorations of my hot pink lights and my hot neon decorated big tree and my little pink holographic plastic tree that may or may not be graced with condoms for the second year in a row. (oh yes, i decorated a tree in condoms. it's the gift that keeps on giving, folks. I'm just looking out for you...). There will be photos when this monstrosity comes together. I promise.

i want to watch all the christmas cartoons from when we were little. Especially the Peanuts one. I hear the first few chords of "Christmastime is Here" and I am immediately five years old, back in our old house, in red pajamas with the feet (you know you had them too), trying to get mom to let me eat several days worth of chocolates from that countdown-the-days-till-christmas- calendar, laying underneath the christmas tree and looking up into the lights. why isnt it the same when I try to lay under there now...

i've also had a brilliant idea. a few years ago i bought by brother a chess set that is made of shot glasses. perhaps i have figured out an incentive to learn to play, whichever number goal that is. and that can be when i hang out with him. double bonus!

also, people in this town lack the ability to drive in the snow. they need to spend a winter in b.county and then they could drive anywhere.

my dog just did that flying karate kick and i was in the way of her destination. thats gonna leave a mark. on my face.

No comments: