Tuesday, November 18, 2008

#47

So I tried soymilk. Chocolate soymilk to be exact. And....and... (in a hushed, almost embarrassed voice) it's... it's good? what's this? i thought soymilk was supposed to taste like hippies. or yuppies. or granola and feet. I won't say I'm a convert, but perhaps I won't mock it so loudly now.

that said, it reminds me of a story I meant to type out for your comedic appreciation but i had a craptastic weekend. Anywho. So. At the Mountaineer Week arts and crafts fair I picked up an awesome piece of art. Well actually I'm getting it for christmas, but thats irrelevant. Anywho. I love this piece. Weird things I connect to, I guess. Mom thinks it's crap art, i could tell this from her eye rolling. You can find the artist's work here if you are bored and want to meander. I got talking to the artist about Morgantown blah blah, and mom had to inform him that I ''sold out to the government. Yeah, she went to the dark side." And I was offended! I didn't go to the dark side!

But then I stopped and thought about how I looked. Gap jeans and sweater, LLBean puffy vest, and pearl bracelet. Oh God. I'm a yuppie and I work for the government. Please tell me that there is a twelve step program for this, bc I think a part of me died right there. I tried to justify it to myself (yes, I took it this far) that the hole in my jeans was not stylishly put there when I bought them. I caught those jeans on a nail! A dirty, rusted nail! I am a rebel!!!!!!

or maybe I'm becoming a drone. I did have to take a refresher training course today on why I should not bring fireworks or chemical weaponry to work, and why I may be targeted as a potential recruit for espionage. WHAT. ESPIONAGE? I can't drive a stick-shift and they think I'd be a successful spy? (Not really sure how those actually fit together, but an image of James Bond flashed through my mind and I automatically assume that a turncoat is going to have to be able to drive a standard.)

In non-counter intelligence news, I'm rewatching Scrubs. This has no relevance to anything other than I'm gonna probably start quoting it obsessively again. So fair warning to you.

I just saw a commercial for off-road unicycling. holy wah, batman. that's awesome.

Also, if you haven't had a good laugh, get on youtube and watch Justin Timberlake from this past weekend's SNL. Both his Weekend Update skit, and his 'music video' with Beyonce. the second made me do my embarrassing laugh.

Also, from here on out, instead of saying 'my embarrassing laugh' I will just type "HAGH!" bc that is what mr. pickens phonetically figured out it sounded like. and it makes sense.

so, to recap, Justin Timberlake in a leotard doing a booty dance=HAGH!

how did i get from soymilk to JT? my mind is bizarre.

No comments: