Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Update on the Goals

I've worked on a couple more goals lately, and I forgot to mention them. I sent out Christmas cards, so most of you should be getting those soon. I got the strangest roll of stamps. It's state flags, which makes sense, but there are only about 7 states. and Washington DC. and Guam. Now. you'd think in a roll of 50 stamps that... oh, i dunno, they'd maybe have all 50 states? throw in that free one of DC? add Guam if they're feeling squirrely? But no. you people get states G-I. This bothers me tremendously.

I tried snow peas. I generally hate anything associated with peas. Peas and I do not get along. We are not friends, and I would not vote for peas in a vegetable election. That said, I usually pick out the snowpeas when I have stirfry. Well I didn't this time. Now I can see some of you saying that by having the stirfry it takes away from the natural taste of a snowpea, counteracting the whole point of this experiment. To which I flash you the middle finger. I'm trying here people. If it takes stirfry or ranch dressing to make it happen, then so be it. So they weren't so bad and I won't continue to pick them out of my food. Thats a good step, right? More vegetables in my diet? (you better agree or you wont be getting a christmas present from me.)

So I bought my angel tree gifts for this year. I went ahead and decided to get 2 kids, a boy and a girl. Mom also got two, so we went to Summersville on Saturday (you know, when it was snowing which means its a blizzard in S-ville and even mom's Envoy was skidding all over the place, giving me a mild heart attack. no worries.) and picked out the things. And let me state, that little boys clothes are much more fun than little girls. Everythign little girl was pink and lacy and ribbons and puke. Little boys had dinosaurs and rockets and trees and stars. I think yes to rocketships.

And since I hadn't been to wal-mart yet this season when in years past I'm there frequently I put a significant amount of money in the salvation army bucket. and then had to go activate my new credit card so I could make it till payday, haha.

in happy news, my lonely little neighbor kid is not so lonely anymore. a new family moved in down the way and they have 3 kids that look to be around his age. the other day I drove by and they were all scrambling around with sheets of cardboard and it made no sense to me. I watched them in the rearview and saw that another car was coming up the road, and they got into battle formation... the neighbor kid (I just dont feel right about putting his name on here for the interwebz to see, sorry guys) hunkered down and put his square over his head while the other three put theirs around him. so it looked like an inconspicuous box. of sorts. not really, but it was hilarious. so when the car drove by, the kid jumped out of the 'box' in a mad attempt to scare the driver. i'm sure in other scenarios this would have been a terrible idea, but considering most ppl drive at a crawl around here, and bc clearly there was a child hiding in some cardboard, nothing happened other than me laughing till i cried. I've been debating whether or not I'm going to get him that Christmas gift card or not, bc I realized how creepy that could be to his parents. They don't know me at all. And I dont want to be like, this is for your kid bc he stops by and talks to me all the time and I feel bad bc he didn't used to have friends. I dunno guys, what do you think I should do? I did think that instead of getting him a gift card, I could send the money I was going to use to the Neediest Cases fund that the Charleston Daily Mail has started. Give me an opinion, readers.

So I'm heading to Pburgh for work today. I'm excited bc I don't have to drive. I think I just get to meet people, which will be nice bc that will be a few less strange faces at the Christmas party this weekend. I'm really starting to dread it, which is stupid. I just hate non-comfort zone social situations. I'm socially stupid. Blugh.

2 comments:

Shainna said...

Just don't tell anyone in Pburgh that you hate them. ;P

It might be creepy to his parents, so I think sending it to Neediest Cases in his honor (even if you keep that part to yourself) is a great idea. It's a great program. :)

Anonymous said...

It might still be a little creepy, but if you still want to get the kid something, you could always just mail him a Christmas card with a few dollars in it. That seems more neighborly than anything else and I doubt the parents would mind