Sunday, December 14, 2008

Landed in a Very Common Crisis

so last night was the work christmas party at Nemacolin. it is a VERY nice place. almost too nice. i felt uncomfortable bc I don't like people going out of their way to kiss my ass. i'm just as happy at a motel 6, ya know? but it was a nice experience. i think i surprised some of the people at work, dressing up and all. i guess when youre not used to seeing me with makeup on and my hair curled and a dress and heels, that would be a difference. i just felt like i couldnt breathe (figuratively speaking) the whole time, through cocktail hour and dinner and afterwards. i was much happier when we went back to the room and i could put on my sweats and watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship marathon. i didn't get any pictures myself, but they took photos of all of us and they should be online soon. so i'll get it and show you. not that you care. but then maybe some of you have never seen me dressed up either, haha.

so since i had a day to do nothing i read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I feel like i've talked about this book before, but if not, i think everyone should read it. i can relate to the main character (although i seem like i can relate to characters in any book I read) in the sense that they are the quinessential wallflower. you take awhile to warm up to everyone bc it takes great trust on your part to do so, but all the while, friends or not, you absorb things about people and keep it on file for later. that you can relate to those book characters better than actual human interactions sometimes. so go read it right now. you can borrow my copy if you want. it's a short read.

and i think i'll end my post with the last part of the book. bc its how my brain works too. and believe when i say i don't mean it to sound morbid or anything, but that i guess you'd have to read the whole thing to understand..

So, if this does end up being my last letter, please believe that thigns are good with me, and even when they're not, they will be soon enough. And I will believ ethe same about you.

Love always,
Andrea

No comments: