Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Blues

Well, it finally hit. like a pile of bricks to the bottom of my very being. the christmas blues. i'd been doing well too, gold star for that. but this weekend, all the christmas specials, christmas commercials, christmas songs. i love coldplay, but this was the last straw. so i did what i always do when i'm borderline a mess. i change my hair. not drastically, its dark reddish now. the day that i come in with green or blue hair, that would be when you worry. now don't get me wrong, i'm very excited to go home tuesday night to see all my batshit crazy family and do the same things we do every christmas. but even in that crowd, sometimes i feel like i'm missing something.

sometimes i want to be able to crawl under the christmas tree like i did when i was little, pretending all the lights were stars.

enough of sounding in the dumps. i get to go see shainna and family and kellie and chris too. it's nice to get everyone together if only for a few hours.

i also (with the help of dave ryan, whom you all should check out on the opinion page of the DA) finished my grandmother's christmas present. i'm trusting you not to tell her! hopefully it will get here intime, i had to rush order it and it is 'supposed' to be here on christmas eve. i'm trying not to get my hopes up. but, to go along with the christmas ornament i had made (re: the post of my grandparents getting married) i had dave help me put together one of those photo calendars on vistaprint (which is very reasonably priced, i must say). i've had my mom and aunt email me whatever photos they could get their hands on, so there are photos from my my grandparents as children all the way up to... i think the latest photo would be from my most recent birthday. it's very neat to see the old black and white next to the more recent. it makes me realize how much my cousins look like their parents and how much michael looks like dad. i dont know who i look like. who do i look like, readers who know my parents? i guess its hard to figure out for yourself. but i liked the calendar so much i ordered one for myself. i can put it in my cubicle at work. so with that, i am officially finished with my christmas shopping. and i'm even already packed for home. i think i'm just ready to get out of here, if only for a few days.

oh and i forgot to say my most recent antiquing treasure. i found and old copy of marlowe and shakespeare plays. it was in excellent condition and was only five dollars. this is where you can call me a nerd, a yuppie, a square, etc. i know i am if i can feel that kind of glee over a book.

hugs and kisses to all you readers. be safe if you're traveling. enjoy your family. help those who are unable to help themselves.

No comments: