Thursday, December 11, 2008

She Was an American Girl

Do you ever watch the show Ugly Betty? I think it's a meh-level show, but I LOVE how betty dresses. and I love the show soundtrack. but mostly I love how she dresses. It is so over the top wonderful. There are pictures of me, i would say age 5, at my most stylishly Betty-like. I miss wearing my neon polka dot top, purple skirt with lace trim, and hot pink stretchy tights. And coke bottle glasses. Oh my God, it was so awesome. And while I don't necessarily want to dress exactly like Betty, I want that Betty-feel back in my life. I've become a yuppie square. I utilize a sweater vest. a gray one. I didn't even pair it with something vibrant, no. Today, I wore a white button up, black pants, and a sweater vest. *sigh* I need more color in my life. Tomorrow, bright colors.





and because Mom just sent me this photo and it cracks me up. Here's a pic of Dad, Christmas 1963. That's a badass hat he's wearing. Maybe I should start utilizing hats more. And I am inspired by how the pattern of his shirt goes so well with the christmas tree..

No comments: