Monday, December 29, 2008

2008, Adios.

So it just dawned on me how close the new year is. Forgive me for sounding like a geezer, but where the hell has this year gone?

So reflecting on the past year (and then filling out the cheesy survey thing I stole from Shainna, see below) I realize I spent a better part of it with my head up my ass. Or namely, another ass. And those of you who had to put up with that, numerous apologies from all fronts. I can say officially, on behalf of myself and definitely Shainna (who had to hear about it all of 2008 and part of 2007 too), we've finally successfully for the last time gotten rid of that bad habit, no self help medicated patch required, no significant alcohol dependency acquired, and only a mild yet permanent echo of rage and bitterness. but i have a feeling in time that too will deplete. Yes, I do realize every time I say "this is finally it" it somehow creeps back into my life, but I honestly seriously no doubt in my mind think this really is it. Because this time I feel like I can breathe. And folks, the air is great.

I think I spent a better part of the year with a one-track mind of graduating and getting that good job. I didn't think about the "what next" part and it's staring me in the face with it's evil eyebrows raised. and I still don't know what it is that is coming up next, but i have a feeling it will hit me over the head with a shovel sooner or later. dad wants me to buy a house here in town. to that i say EEEEK and then promptly change the subject. even I, after nearly 7 years in this town can't commit to something like that. that is too final and i still feel like a flight risk. i want to be a flight risk.

so for 2009, i'm going to work on my goals, work on my anger, work on looking for that perfect job wherever it may be. i want to do more charity work in 2009, and spend more time with my crazy family. hell, maybe i'll finally get to meet my brother's girlfriend.

and now for the magical questionaire

1) Where did you begin 2008?
snowed in in magical lexington, kentucky

2) What was your status on Valentine's Day?
Drunk and angry

3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Finishing up the biggest academic waste of 2 years

4) How did you earn your money?
I called engineers names behind their back. and granted their travel requests. but mostly called them names.

5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Nope.

6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
Just that speeding ticket I got for being the DD on St. Pats. Because that is logic, folks.

7) Where did you go on vacation?
topsail, cedar point, trips to visit shainna and jenny and laura

8) What did you purchase that was over $1000?
not that I can think of, though my credit card would probably say otherwise

9) Did you know anybody who got married?
shainna, kellie's sister...why do i feel like i'm missing someone

10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
Unfortunately

12) Did you move anywhere?
no. i am still stuck in this town.

13 Got lost?
If I'm driving, you can guarentee that at some point, we will be lost. Or as I like to call it, on a side adventure

14) What concerts/shows did you go to?
Trans-siberian Orchestra. some at the CAC that I don't remember

15) Were you registered to vote?
yes, after a ridiculous process

16) Who did you want to win Big Brother?
McSteamy. (I'm KIDDING) like i watch that show.

17) Where do you live now?
up on a hill that has shitty roads in winter

18) Describe your birthday?
there was Tom Selleck cake involved.

19) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2008?
rode roller coasters, got a 'real' job, learned a lot about trust

20) What has been your favorite moment?
sunday's at shainna's being bums

21) What's something you learned about yourself?
I can't let one person ruin the rest of my life

22) Any new additions to your family?
the one and only evil dog, Calypso

23.) What was your worst month?
I had a lot of anger in Feb and June.

24.) What music will you remember 2008 by?
no idea. that damn katy pery song was the first to come to mind.

25) Who has been your best drinking buddy?
shainna and bethany

26) Made new friends?
yes indeedie

27) New best friend?
i think overall it's the same folks.

28) Favorite Night out?
not sure. there were several fun ones.

29) What sporting events did you attend?
WVU soccer and football

30) What was your best month?
I would say this one has been pretty alright

31) Overall, how would you rate this year?
i would give it a 6.5. it was better than average, but there are a couple factors that really weighed it down.

32) Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
shainna's apartment

33) Change your hairstyle?
only monthly

34) Have any car accidents?
got rear-ended infront of Shainna's apt

35) How old did you turn this year?
25

36) Did you get sick this year?
I was sick often in the spring. but i realize that i was stressing out so much about stupid things that i was making myself sick. I'm all better now. :)

37) Been snowboarding?
No, but I am supposed to go learn in a few weeks!

38) Are you happy to see 2008 go?
Yes and no. I have a fear of time passing, but I really want to see what this next year brings.

39) Been naughty or nice?
Both. and i've tried to make up for one or the other constantly.

1 comment:

Shainna said...

Yay, I am special! I was mentioned many times. *feels loved*