Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another Year-End Review

These things are everywhere and I know I just completed one yesterday. But sometimes I like to have useless bits of information thrown about the interwebz so that I can think (stew) about them later.

2008: The Year

Theme of this year: I think it would best be described in the words of Chopper. I needed to Harden the Fuck Up. (youtube that. it's slightly comical) but in all honesty, I really did. I would let things happen to me and then try to blame anyone but myself. I didn't take a lot of responsibility, and it came back and bit me in the ass tenfold. So we're learining to harden the fuck up now.

Best Month of the Year: I think this was in yesterday's post. But this month. This month has been very good for me because I've gotten to visit with (in real life or at least on the phone, internet, paper, whatever) people who are important to me, I got to do good things for the community and those in it, I became more comfortable in my job and what I do, and I just feel good about the way things in the world are going for me.

Best Day of the Year: The first day we got to the beach. It was so nice to take that trip with the people who went. It was nice to break away from the internet and from the drama I'd built up in my life back here. It was nice to know I was going back to my first real job and that I had somewhere to be in life. And it was nice to watch the sunset over the ocean and watch shooting stars knowing there was no where else I would rather have been at that exact moment in time.

Worst Day/Time of the Year: Feb and June were pretty messed up for personal reasons.

Favorite Person of the Year: i can't narrow this down to one person. honestly. and it's not to not hurt anyone's feelings.

Favorite Moment of the Year: sitting on the trolley after shainna's wedding with all of us in our finery getting drunk with her parents on the way to what proved to be a very fun reception.

Favorite CD of the Year: I don't know that i've listened to a whole album this year. mostly when i get new music it's because dave sends it to me to listen. I guess the genre of the year, then, would be BritPop

Favorite Movie: You know, I didn't really go see a lot of movies this year. I think my favorite new ones would be Iron Man and Wall-E. But the one I watched most was Dr. Zhivago. although I went thru a span of nearly 6 months without watching it because I gave my copy away. But mom bought me a new copy for christmas.

Live Show of the Year: i said before I hadn't been to many, but TransSiberian Orchestra was amazing and I still recommend you go to it when it rolls back around next holiday season.

Best Thing I Bought: red paint. painting my living room, in retrospect, was the best thing i could have ever done. at the time i thought it was stupid of me, but that change was the kickstart i needed.

Favorite Trip: The beach. Even though it was short, we packed everything and nothing into it. and getting to watch the Olympic coverage each night just added to it.

Book of the Year: The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell. It's historical fiction if you stretch your imagination. It's the first of three parts to a different version of the King Arthur tale. It lead me to start hording every Cornwell book I can get my hands on. in fact I should be receiving 4 more in the mail this week thanks to amazon and christmas money. So if you are into that kind of reading, I have many I would let you borrow.

No comments: