Sunday, December 28, 2008

No. 79 and Other Adventures

well i hope you all had a great holiday. i did. i honestly did. and i think it's because there were no expectations weighing me down. i don't know if that even makes sense, but it was just nice to enjoy the holiday and not worry.

i think i'm letting my nerdiness show when i say that some of my most exciting gifts were a subscription to National Geographic and a spice rack. yay for world views and non-bland food! and shainna got me started on my Goal #79- that of learning to knit and making something awesome. she taught me how to do it, and i can, but very badly so far. so after i finish my current project, i'm going to start knitting intently. and it will be good.

i also got some awesome art pieces that i will take photos of so you can see. laura is an amazing artist in anything she does. i can't think of anyone else who could take a photo of the beer distributor and it turn out so cool. haha.

my evil dog has been spoiled rotten and has already decapitated santa claus. she also, with teh assistance of my mother spilt juice all over my laptop, and now my keys are hard to push. those being the few keys i still have. one day, i'm going to invest in a new laptop.

the wvu game nearly gave me a heart attack. but i'm glad, for pat white's sake at least, that we won.

and to top off a great couple of days, on the drive home tonight, i saw a shooting star. and i made my wish for the new year on it.

i've been thinking about what my New Year's Resolution would be. i think it is going to be to work on my anger. i let things boil for far to long and then i explode in a fire of bitchiness and complaining. and i know you get tired of hearing it bc i get tired of listening to myself. so i'm going to work on that. being more constructive with my feelings and not griping at everyone. i think that's a logical thing to work on. and to help myself along i'm going to work on the goal of coming up with one positive thing about myself for every day of the month. and it's in no way tooting my own horn, and i hope that you dont think that it is. but i think maybe if i can determine on paper (figuratively speaking) things that i actually like about myself, maybe i can figure out who i really am.

but in the mean time, i was glad to get to see everyone, even (especially) my out of town friends and family. it's never long enough. so i guess now it is back to the grind. i'm not ready to go back, i want to stay here in my pjs and knit and watch old black and white movies.. but we cant always get what we want, i suppose.

i hope you all had a great holiday and i will be rambling in your general direction soon i am sure.

1 comment:

Shainna said...

Aw, you are not bad at knitting! I'll show you my first swatch sometime and you can tell me if you think you're bad. lol. :) Glad to liked it and the spice rack (which I take credit for since it was my idea, mwah).