Wednesday, April 28, 2010

dear spring, we need to have a chat.

um hello. it was below freezing last night. what IS this garbage? princess needs at least 60 degrees and sun at all times!

no but really, i think i killed my plants. woops.

anywho. whats going on, folks? i feel like i've been all me-me-me again and didnt ask you how YOU were doing. apologies all around. i've caught up with a few of you via email/msngr, but i just wanted to remind you that i'm here and if youre sad/stressed/hungry/etc i'm here for you. and i'll come up with some funny story at my own expense to make you feel better. like that time in 5th grade i fell off the bus. that's a good one. especially if i reenact it.

but anyway.

i've been making plans and writing them on calendars so they are real plans. like to go to columbus in june and lexington in july to see my girlies. i've not been at my current place of employment long enough to take a 'real' vacation, so i'm just going to take a day here and there. and i'm excited for it. i dont feel the desperate need to run away from this town like i have in previous years, and thats big for me, yeah?

i thought about doing one of those 365 photo-a-day things that you see online a lot, where people take photos of themselves every day. but it would mostly be photos of me looking like a semi-professional trainwreck, as i do today. wearing glasses bc my allergies were driving me nuts. no makeup bc i wanted that five extra minutes of sleep. hair in a messy ponytail because its at that length that it drives me crazy the way it sits on my neck. and then work clothes that dont quite match but dont quite not match. like a scatterbrained librarian. i dunno. maybe i'll take photos sometimes. especially with my neato phone app.

i had (as always) crazy dreams last night that involved weddings, lots of makeup, and cowboy boot-shaped dustbusters. seriously. crazy crazy dreams. no wonder i wake up exhausted.

No comments: