Monday, April 19, 2010

the beginning of something amazing

today has been a great day and its only 4. i am greatful for days like today because they remind me that good things do happen if i try hard enough.

so i had told my boss about my job offer in Charlottesville. he immediately got the ball rolling to see what they could 'do for me' to get me to stay here. and i hadnt heard anything from him in a week about it, so i didnt think much of it. i'd already decided to stay, i have a budget and can afford my new living arrangement, and all was gravy. well, soupy, at best, but still. they came back to me this afternoon however, with, how do you say, an offer i cant refuse. when you do a cost-of-living comparison, it was only a thousand dollars a year less than what i'd be making if i moved. and i get to be the lead writer for the entire coal program. and i know that is not important sounding, but it is really big for me. i'm glad i made the decision that i did. bc i get to keep working for a great company. i get to live in a place that i enjoy and feel safe in (which is a bigger deal for me than most realize) and i get to stay nearer to the people in my life i care about and care about me. all the things i didn't appreciate enough before. believe me, i appreciate them now.

also, if you want to check out the university english dept alumni page, my mug is at the bottom. it feels pretty good actually, for coming out of such a clusterfuck of a program. like the top turd on the shit pile. haha. so look it up or have me send it to you.

so this evening i have to go get one last load of crap from the trailer, go to the grocery store, and then by Shatner, I am cooking dinner for the Stranger. This obviously is only an exchange of services, since he's going to put together my new dresser and hang up my artwork. But still. there is measuring and ovens involved. It must be serious. if we get everything completed, i will take photos.

i told the Stranger about this blog, but i flat out refuse to give him the link to it. This comes from advice from the CRJ, which makes sense to me. This is my place, and i need to keep it my own. Even though you yahoos read it. It's just different. He asked me what I wrote about. I had to think about it for a minute. And I decided mostly its about being crazy and making people laugh. I think that's a good summary.

This isn't where i expected my life to be this time last year. Not at all. But I'll take it. Bc I can smile and not have sad eyes. And that is an amazing feeling.

No comments: