Monday, April 26, 2010

and i want some crazy hair

so everyone i've come in contact with today is just in a funk. i blame it on the weather. and/or what i have now determined to be food poisoning, since 7 of 8 people at dinner last night got sick. i think those are pretty bad odds and i'm going to have to start dating a new mexican restaurant.

so i decided that its time for a new jumping on the bed, dance fighting, getting out of a funk song. and let me tell you i can jump so much more effectively in the townhouse since it has vaulted ceilings. no more cracking my face off a ceiling fan! and this song has somehow become the most recent bed dancing song. and also i'm jealous of her hair. i could not pull that off. maybe the 80s robot makeup but not the hair.

it's nearly time to change my hair anyway. i wish i could pull off punkrock pixie princess. instead i am rocking pigtails. this look? not so hot. i think its time to go back to ridiculous redhead.

so. lets all buck up, little cowboys. its supposed to be boo boo garbage weather for the next few days, so we are just going to have to make our own fun and dance on our beds in our underwear and hope for the sunshine soon. a little Pump Up the Jam. a little When I Dip You Dip We Dip (oh yes. you remember that song, dontyou lie to me.)

i danced to Pump Up the Jam in 4th grade dance recital. we had god awful costumes with sequins and taxi driver hats with hot pink roses. picture it. gawky. crooked teeth with braces. coke bottle glasses. and i pumped the shit out of that jam. bc i was totally going to be a Fly Girl. you remember the fly girls. it was that, a pro skier, or an oceanographer. looks like i bombed out on those childhood dreams. however, i feel like my profession is finally the one thing in my life that i havent effed up in one way or another. hell, they gave me a raise. from my very first salary at the last company to what i will make when my promotion kicks in on the first of may, i will have gotten 27k in salary increase. and i think that says something about how much they find me worth it in this field. or at least this newest company. if i could just figure out what i'm doing right and use that in all aspects of life, i'd be on cloud 9. i just am going to have to figure out how to work harder at everything else.

in my quest of a new start on everything i ordered new bedding. i know this is zero percent important to the rest of your day, but it made me feel good. i picked it out just so it would match the 3 paintings laura made for me. and i feel good about it all. i know its stupid that something as simple as bedding feels like moving in a good direction, but its bright blue and a fresh start. waking up to something new. or something like that.

i'm feeling better. more evened out again. i want to go watch a baseball game and have a beer and feel sunshine on my face.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I flat out *demand* to see you in pigtails.

Ranae W. said...

I sympathize with the sequined costumes and jock jams...only with clogging shoes ;) also I want to see your new place! I'll look for a cowboy boot shaped dustbuster hehe