Monday, March 1, 2010

my ears stick out too far. its genetic.

my teeth are crooked because i wouldnt wear my retainer because it wasnt cool.

i cant tell a story without waving my arms like i'm directing flight patterns. and when i am telling a story its such a circular mess that only two percent of the worlds population can even understand me.

i wish i had more freckles. but i will wear sunscreen now, because now i know better.

i love daffodils because they remind me of home.

i miss how snow used to taste when you were little and had a snow day and got to play outside all day, up and down the hill, making snow angels, chasing a collie, building misshapen snowmen with blaze orange hunting caps and a barbie scarf.

i miss my collie.

the first time i saw dead poets society was thanksgiving break in 8th grade and i cried for a solid hour after it ended.

i had a box of dress up clothes with my initials on it at my grandparents house. my favorite piece of clothing was a green and black dress mom made me for halloween.

my older cousin convinced me i could catch minnows in the creek with a butter bowl and a can of cheese. i still think somehow it could work.

i remember being very young and my dad telling me beer tasted like soda. i'm fairly certain he would have let me try it had mom not yelled at him.

driving onto campus makes me very incredibly chest caving in sad. not because of missing school. i avoid downtown as much as i can.

all i wanted today was watermelon. and i had to buy one of those platters with all the other fruits in it to get the watermelon. and it was delicious.

as much as i hate Gone with the Wind, i love Gone with the Wind.

i'm doing a collaborative writing project this summer that i'm really excited about. i get to complain. its like my first language.

if i had to have someone write my life soundtrack, it would be norah jones.

i miss easter hats and white chocolate rabbits.

i bought 4 cadbury eggs today instead of 6 in hopes the cashier wouldnt judge me. i think she did for the double stuff oreos.

i still wish i had been a groupie for a ska band.

i miss the biscuits my mommaw made.

the safety and boringness i claim to want may in fact be the one thing i keep running away from. i chase hopeless causes because i know they are hopeless. i'm working on this.

in the old house we had a string tied to the tv that stretched 3 feet. we had to sit behind the string so it wouldnt ruin our eyes. but really because i would cheat at duck hunt and michael would cry.

there is a house that strangers live in that has my handprints by their front steps. at least, i assume they are still there.

i can not sleep. i blame this weekends coma fest.

bleh.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

If you touch the tip of the zapper to the screen, you'll hit the duck every time.

It took me many, many years before I figured this out.