Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm the only person awake, which frankly is unheard of, and I figured I'd write more about the opera.

I'm sure most everyone has heard of the Tragedy of Carmen, so I don't need to tell the plot. This version (directors vision, whatever) was very simplistic, one act of an hr and a half, kinda dirty (I mean, she is dirty anyway as a gypsy ho, but set on a circular dirt stage so that there is dirt etc flying during the fights etc). Leah was the star. Her voice has always been awesome but so much of this show was about facial and body expression and that has always been her strong suit. It's hard to explain if you weren't there. But the mini orchestra section did great and everything felt very real, intimate, exciting, whatever.

In all about 25 friends/family came to support her and it was just so nice to see that kind I love. Her grandad made us all cry when he told her how beautiful she was and that her grandma would be proud of her. And it's true, nunnie would be so proud. Hell that just made me tear up thinking about it.

All in all I'm glad we braved the crazy storm to come. I'm not looking forward to the drive home but it should be ok. We are taking a different route home, so hopefully the gps will actually get us there.

I won't lie, being only an hour from Lexington has made me think a lot about zach. I still wish i had had the opportunity to talk to him face to face in all this. But. That was his choice to do what he did. I can't help but get jealous when I watch Leah and Lucas together. They are so strong and in love. They have to live everything day by day with his cancer having come back for a third time. But they love each other and support each other so much and it's good to see that. I hope I could find someone even half as strong.

Anyway, I think I hear people. I hope everyone out there has a good day. I noticed my readership goes down when I'm not super depressed, but I take that to mean you all aren't as worried about me. That's a good thing. I think.

Much love to everyone out there, no matter who you are.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: