Monday, May 3, 2010

once upon a time

when i was very little for some reason i was convinced that George Washington had travelled through our property. i dont know how this idea became stuck in my head, but i was convinced he and his troops had camped there and that if i dug around i could find discarded treasures. the only 'treasure' i ever found was this little doll figurine that probably belonged to the people that lived there before us. but damn if i wasnt convinced. and then i lost the key necklace that my grandmother got me and i was convinced the yard was magic. because one minute it was around my neck and the next it was gone and never to be found. since then i unintentionally have collected necklaces with keys on them. big keys little keys multiple keys, keys with jewels, gold keys, silver keys. i dont wear them often though, and i dont know why. maybe i'm afraid to lose them too. i'm afraid of losing a lot of things.

the weather is boo boo garbage again, which means my headache is back. bad enough that i debated going to urgent care to see if they could give me anything stronger. but the next strongest thing is a shot, and we all know that wont be happening. so i will continue sitting here in the dark debating on popping my eyeballs out to releave the pressure.

i wonder what george washington would do?

No comments: