Monday, October 5, 2009

good friends

i know i talk a lot about what good people i have in my life. and i genuinely do. and this weekend just reminded me of that. for rachael's birthday we had potluck and went out. and everyone, even new people we met, are all cool and can find similar things to discuss or whatever. i dont know, it was just a really good time.

also, if you ever need to win me over for anything, take me to Wow Factory and let me make jewelry. I created, what i hope anyway, with be a super awesome stained glass-type necklace. it should be done by tomorrow, so i'll get someone to take a photo of it so you can see.

joel just told me that for his birthday this year, the only gift he wants from me is to move and get out of this rut i'm living. sometimes i think he knows me better than i know myself. maybe st. jude can figure out this lost cause.

Mountain Stage last night was awesome. I've always loved regina spektor and she did not let down. but i now sit at the feet of the voice of Will Hoge and am thankful that he chose to be a musician. too many of his songs resonated way too deeply to the point that it took my breath away. this one in particular. the other groups were ok. yo la tengo scared me. other than that, it was a great evening.

but it was nice to see old friends and make new friends. some stay, some go. some i'll see tomorrow, some i might never see again. it's good while it lasts.

i'm going to see zombieland tomorrow. now that i am excited for.

i'm reading a good book. i have hello kitty on my keychain and dying roses on my tv. i have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to stop caring about.

No comments: