Monday, March 30, 2009

Rockin the Catbox

1. I stumbled upon the Archive of Misheard Lyrics today. And as much as you all know my love of music, this is like my heaven of jokes. I especially like the "Addicted to Love" version that goes "might as well admit it, you're a dick with a glove." I giggled. many times.

2. I have hiccups. i am timing them. its been 4 minutes so far.

3. I'm starting to have guilty love for my job. not for the work necessary but for the info i learn. I nearly got in an arguement with an old man IN CHURCH this sunday because he asked that we all pray for our miners bc ppl are ruining their lives and coal will always be the backbone of this state. mom had to give me The Look bc i was this close to getting on my soap box that coal use is going way down, that many states are eliminating their use of appalachain coal mined thru mountaintop removal (much legislation in this has happened in the last 5 years) and we need to get a clue and look into alternative sources of energy and get on the bandwagon so that those miners can get other jobs, like wind farm maintainance workers. or hydroelectric dam engineers. if my dad can get the hell out of the mines and get another college degree, any of them can. (steps off soapbox...)

4. I saw the movie The Wrestler last night. I didn't know how I would feel about it but it really is a very good movie. The story is very sad and it makes me want to go back to elementary school and watch WWF with my cousins. You remember how cool watching wrestling used to be, especially if an older relative thought it was cool. this automatically made things like Family Matters, doing the running man, cowboys football, and Rowdy Roddy Piper super rad. But yes, i recommend the movie and kudos to mickey rourke for getting his shit together long enough to make it and mega kudos to marissa tomei for having the guts to be naked through 98% of the film.

5. the hiccups are gone. joy!

6. home was good and i'm surprised i didn't post it at a higher number. good family time, a memorial service for a wonderful woman who was most definitely honored in a way she would have approved (with meatballs and music), good time with friends, finally giving foster back his damn shoes, chasing my evil dog out of the pond, and best of all chocolate peanut butter eggs! i have come home with some, and if you are nice enough i just might share.

7. i am little-kid excited because this weekend i am (probably) going to dave&busters for skeeball madness, followed by Monsters vs. Aliens in IMAX 3D. i can't think of a better day. well i mean i can, but it would just be added to this. yes, you do know what i am talking about.

8. i was trying to think of an 8th thing to say when chris bailes sent me THIS link. awwwedamame!!! which makes me think, christopher, you have not blogged random household items lately. ahem.

1 comment:

Mrs. Tonya Young said...

lol Thinking of wrong lyrics, Russell always thinks they are saying "Marylin Monroe" instead of "Panama". hahaha