Sunday, March 8, 2009

An Internet Related Question

Dear readers.

I have a stupid internet type question. I guess in the long run it doesn't matter, but it's something that bothers me and I want to know.

So the backstory is. I have 2 screennames. One I always use and one I rarely use. If there was a word for less than rarely, then that would be it. I have the two linked on my little aim toolbar thinger. Now here's the question part. Sometimes the one I don't use disappears. I don't know what happens, if it signs me off that name or if it is just hidden or what. I use this one so infrequently that I forget about it until I have to restart my computer and it pops back up. And you know how little I ever turn this machine off. I think until I got frankenbot it had been at least a month since I remember even seeing my other little name up there in that aim window. And I was sitting here and it has already disappeared. Now granted, I might as well just unlink it because the one person I hadn't blocked on there I realized they were still on there today and blocked them. So it is a useless thing and I'm going to get rid of it. But I just really want to know why the other name disappears. So. can any of you tell me?

Also, I'm finding new features about this laptop I <3. This has that fingerprint scanner so I can lock it or it locks itself if it goes idle. I like this because that means I can feel safer about things on the days I have to work from home and because I never have to worry about anyone getting in my stuff when I forget to close links. (read: that time my myspace got hacked by that one person we do not discuss) I set up all that nonsense yesterday and it is really neato. I had to pick two different fingers to scan (in the event the primary one is injured or lost) (no, I am not making this shit up). And the nerd in me also likes that this has a built in webcam. Makes it easier to talk to a select few people who are entirely too far away from me. For a brief second I considered doing my kareoke goal as a webcam video and posting it on here. But then common sense won out and you guys really just dont want to hear that. :)

so now i'm going to get off here and go sit on the porch and read and enjoy the last bit of this nice weather before it starts raining and subsequently (tears) snowing later in the week. We are not pleased.

hearts and stars to you readers. hope your week goes swimmingly.

2 comments:

Ranae W. said...

on behalf of all your readers...i think we would really like to see a webvideo of you singing karaoke....preferably a little tipsy hehe

Andrea said...

believe me, the only way i could ever do it was more than a little tipsy....