Monday, March 2, 2009

I Had This Idea...

...that Sutton could become a hub of green industry.

No, I'm not joking. hear me out.

I've actually been thinking about this for awhile. How the Sutton Dam (damn dam!) is just sitting there, letting water pass through, and not producing any electricity. For as much flood waters as the area gets, why aren't we harnessing that for power? Retrofitting the dam to do this would create jobs in the area which, lets face it, it needs badly. And why stop there? I think we need a wind farm in B.County. Do you even know how much power those suckers can produce? (look it up if you're interested, i'm too busy to paste figures). I've seriously considered presenting this information to the parentals and telling them we need a windfarm up on our hill. I'm sure they'd laugh at me, but seriously, think of it. The main factors against wind farms in our area are noise (bc if youre going to live in the middle of the woods, you want to hear the woods) and potential change in wildlife (and the hunters would be piiiiissed if that was disrupted.) but there are several places we could have a nice wind farm. how bout all that land by the outlet mall where they keep saying something is going to go in (race track, golf course, etc) and nothing ever has? how bout out in the wilds of Strange Creek!

I think things like this would be damn good for B.County. But it will never happen because too many old people are set in their ways. And their ways include coal. (yes, i just spoke out against coal. my relatives are all rolling in their graves.) but think. if we did this, WV wouldn't look like the suck. We'd be environmentally forward for once.

quick someone, write the governor.

No comments: