Thursday, June 18, 2009

Things That Make Me Happy, Annoyed, and Hungry

Happy: As we speak, a nice COLD breeze is blowing out of my newly (as in an hour ago) installed air conditioner, complete with new wiring so the trailer does not burn down. They still have to install the one in my bedroom at a later date, but holy Shatner, cold air. As soon as I get home, I may or may not make out with the AC unit.

Annoyed: Have you seen this whole Senator Boxer vs. The Brigadier General thing? Here is what she said (and a video clip). Now. I don't like politics or the military as most of you know. But even my blockhead self knows that calling someone "ma'am" is a sign of respect and courtesy to someone considered a higher up, and they drill this into you from the moment you step into the military. She did not address him as his title at any point in the hearing (I was annoyed and watched the whole thing. wtf am I doing watching THE NEWS). Sure, she earned her title. But so did he. By serving overseas in some shady areas (I looked him up too). Man or not, my vote is with him. However, from now on I expect you to address me as Analyst Andrea Ware, Master of Arts in Professional Writing and Editing and Badass Mothafucker.

..... what? too long?

Hungry: Lunch the past several days has been an epic fail. We made chicken and rice casserole that is so bland it would taste better if we'd added cardboard. Each day I've tried to church it up. I tried cheese, pineapples, taco bell sauce, garlic, and whatever else i could find. That recipe is being deleted from the computer.

Happy: Getting to spend yesterday evening with Lish and Tonya watching True Blood. I"ve determined that there is enough twisted romance in the show to keep women interested, and enough boobs flashed by to keep men interested. Fun for the whole family? perhaps.

Annoyed: I cut my hand open yesterday evening while on the phone with Best Buy while trying to locate an AC unit. we all know i do NOT handle blood well and nearly passed out. I think I freaked the employee out with my suddenly heavy breathing and mumbling of "oh shit oh shit oh shit." we did not purchase the unit at BB for this reason. also bc they didn't have any in stock.

Hungry: Arts on the Mon is this weekend which means fresh produce at the farmer's market and wine. and arts and crafts. and yay. I just finished the last of my ORGANIC SHAINNA tomatoes and they were probably the most delicious things i've eaten in awhile and i think i am going to go buy some more on my way home.

Happy: When people leave comments so that I know someone is actually reading this. AHEM.

Annoyed: that my hair has decided i should be a member of the Flock of Seagulls. WTF, HAIR. It's changing this weekend. Dunno what too. Bitchy red again?

Hungry: I'm just hungry and it's making me sleepy. But not as sleepy as a coworker who may or may not have been snoring earlier. I may or may not have heard it all the way down the hall and i may or may not have had to investigate the matter. It may or may not have been the funniest thing i've seen all day.

Happy: AC means I get the evil dog back.

Annoyed: AC means I get the evil dog back.

Hungry: I think we've established this one pretty firmly and can skip it from now on.

Happy: That we had a fire drill during the only pretty and non-rainy part of the day.

Annoyed: That I know it will come a shit storm right as I decide to go home. Hello, tornado warnings!

Question: Did it hail last night, or did I dream that?

Happy: That I still have some of my American Flag Sugar Cookies that I fought brett for left. I still think he's unpatriotic for not wanting to buy them.

Annoyed: With myself. Apparently I threaten to do things of a mean nature a lot when I really have no reason to do so.

Happy: That for some reason I had another one of those acid flashbacks (not really) to when laura and i were little and we had these dolls that were so ugly. mine's name was emily ann and hers was marylou and we carried those evil looking things around everywhere in our matching white wicker baskets. they even had real hospital bracelets that mom (stole) from work. when my cousin emily was born, i was convinced they named her after my doll. i still am. i honestly have no idea why i thought about this today. we really had a lot of fun when we were little.

Annoyed: that I am still writing in this format. I am quitting immediately.

Much love!

1 comment:

Mrs. Tonya Young said...

You know I am always reading, lol.