Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Downside of Being Responsible

Well kids. My weekend was a semi-bust. Mostly bc I worked 15 hrs of it.

Now my first mistake was volunteering to do this. But I wanted to help out, be a team player, wtf ever. Plus overtime money is sexy. And with missing Thurs and Friday this week for the ramp-up to kellie's wedding, i figured it would all balance out.

Working from home is bullshit. I know some people say they like it. Not me. It took me forever to get anything done. I'd take naps or go find food, or.... other things. Working when everyone else is at the bar or at the pool or watching the Deadliest Catch marathon is not fun. Well, scratch the last one, that marathon is what got me through. I freaking love that show and want to marry Crosby. but that is neither here nor there. What usually would only take me 10 hrs or so took longer just bc I couldn't focus.

so to reward myself, i went and got my hair did. and the first round, i cried. instead of 'copper' highlights, i came out with state road orange. i may or may not have cried. but, lori is a magician and fixed it and its super red and i love it now. sorry, that has no impact on your life at all. i'm superficial and need to be liked.

also, Year One is mediocre, with lost of dick jokes and the like.

i've been having crazy dreams again. very realistic ones. last night i dreamed someone died of a heart attack and the night before it was someone i dont speak to trying to talk to me even though they were in a dungeon. that one was so realistic i could smell the mustiness of the dungeon. and no, i hadn't been drinking. i think i'm just exhausted. and i think it was because i had one of those scent related flashbacks. but that is neither here nor there.

i feel like there was something i actually wanted to blog about but i forget what it was. i didnt make it to the farmers market bc we overslept, the Arts on the River was a total bust, work was lame and i did it till 2:30 am just bc i didnt want to deal with it, and i love cherry tomatoes. the end.

fact. you remember that fart noise you used to make with your armpit in elementary school (or college, whatever). i figured out that i can make that sound on brett's abs. i may or may not make fart sounds all the time now. that is super incredibly lame but hilariously fun when you've been awake editing proposals for ten straight hours.

ahhhhh i don't want to go to work tomorrow and edit.

also that 'are we human or are we dancer' song is dumb as hell and probably would only make sense if you were on shrooms or some other drug.

my idiot brother is coming up this week to help me do repairs around the shitbox. he must be really desperate to get out of braxton to volunteer to help me out. granted i'm paying him well, but whatever. anything i can get done on my own (figuratively) is good. he's going to kill the poison ivy so i dont die. maybe i can even con him into mowing the lawn...

also, someone remind me to watch the new Deadliest Catch on tuesday, i think sig has a heart attack and i am worried. yes. i worry about people on tv.

i made a friend this weekend just by doing something i felt necessary. a friend of a coworker is walking in the Relay and after hearing his story I wanted to help sponsor him so I did. It's nice to help strangers and it's nice making friends because someone appreciates you bc you appreciate them. that made no sense. the moral of the story is I helped him reach a goal for something i feel very strongly for and i was glad to do it, not just for the aquaintance i made out of it.

also, i've had hiccups 3 times today. YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS.

ok. i'm done for today. i still dont remember what it was that i was going to tell you. unless i remember, i prob wont post again til after kellie's wedding. with pictures. that i steal bc i still havent gotten a new camera. its on the list.

love to you!

No comments: